Monday, March 15, 2010

Heritage House Journal Notes...

I've just spent the better part of this day working on the Heritage House web site. Trying to make it look the way I want it to look. I've just double checked all the links to make sure they work correctly.

This is a really fun project for me. I can't wait until I get my taxes!! I've already downloaded the trial version of "FlipAlbum" and I love it!! It creates realistic looking books on your screen and allows you to click on the cover and pages and you can watch them turn as if you are turning the pages in a literal book. Right now while I have the free version I can only create books, I can't share them.

Also, I want to buy another scanner. I opted for the one I have now because at the time I needed a fax machine and couldn't find one that was also a flatbed scanner. I've had too many paper jams to trust trying to scan or make copies of pictures. Preston bought me a stand alone fax machine, so I think I'll just find a printer/scanner/copier and leave the faxing by itself.

2 comments:

  1. Last week I listed "Heritage House" with Cyndi's List. It has been boasted as the largest free site for genealogy researchers. I am trying to spend as much taime as I can spare during the week to update and keep the site 'current' as far as how I want it to be presented. I will be creating a new link for each individual surname listed on the main page, making it easier to search through a specific lineage. One of these days I want to sign up for a membership with Ancestry.com as a possible means of gathering additional information about my family history and heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out the "What's New" for the month of March 2010 on Cyndi's List and Heritage House has been listed!! Hopefully this will put me in contact with others that can help me trace backwards in time!!

    ReplyDelete